Sunday, June 9, 2013

A Very Pink and Sparkling Graduation Party

A graduation party is similar to a portfolio in the way that it is pages of people that you have met from different parts of your life, all gathered together, not only to honor what you have accomplished but also because they love you.

And I have never experienced anything quite like it.

I have to admit, I am a fan of parties. 

But my graduation party was one of the best parties I've been to because though it was big, with many people, it seemed intimate and relaxed and loving.

We were all Dancing Queens. (Photo by Ann Emery)

To quote The Great Gatsby (which is the ultimate party guide, in my opinion): 

“And I like large parties. They’re so intimate. At small parties there isn’t any privacy.”

― F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

The sparklers were the highlight of the night. (Photo by Brian Haight.)

Sisters <3 (Photo by Ann Emery.)

So thank you to everyone who attended my party or sent a card or gift. I shudder at the thought of sounding cliché, but I feel very blessed at the moment. 

XOLily

No comments:

Post a Comment